Welcome to Reading Clinic
The College of Education and Human Development Reading Clinic at Texas A&M is designed to provide individualized assessment and reading instruction for students (K-12) and adults who are challenged with aspects of the reading process. The Reading Clinic also serves as a teaching facility, providing undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in reading-related courses opportunities to gain experience in assessing and tutoring children and/or adults who struggle with reading and literacy skills.
The TAMU Reading Clinic will offer the following services beginning in the Fall of 2017:
The purpose of the individual evaluation is twofold - first, to determine if there is an underlying difficulty that is impacting a student's ability to learn to read and/or write (i.e., developmental dyslexia, specific disability in reading comprehension, dysgraphia, and/or written expression); second, to determine student strengths and needs in reading and literacy related processes to assist in planning instruction for literacy tutoring. A formal report on assessment findings will be provided.
- In the case of a student who has been recently assessed, a full evaluation may not be required, thus reducing the cost (determined on a case-by-case basis)
- Employees of Texas A&M University receive a $75.00 discount
- Scholarships are available - please indicate your interest on the application for services
Based on a student's assessment results, targeted instruction/intervention will be provided. Students will work one-on-one or in small groups with an assigned tutor. Each tutoring session is scheduled for one-hour and will be held in the Reading Clinic located in the Harrington Education Building on the TAMU campus. One to three tutoring sessions per week may be recommended based on student need.
- One session per week - $45.00; two sessions per week - $60.00; three sessions per week - $75.00
- Employees of Texas A&M Unversity receive a $5.00 discount per session
- Scholarships are available
If you are interested, please submit and complete the appropriate application below:
Contact: Dr. Brenda Taylor, email@example.com
No front page content has been created yet.